Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I have hopefully a quick and easy question. I have a change to get a great deal on a front "upper and lower valance. They are shelby style. The upper part is extended length part that goes over the headlight buckets in front of the grille. It is one piece that goes from the drivers side to the passengers side. My question , does anyone know how much longer this piece is than the stock hood. I bought a fiberglass hood a few months back that replaces OEM. However I dont want there to be a gap from the front of the hood to the front of the headlight piece. (I hope this makes sense)

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
You will have a problem. The Shelby nose (which was one piece) extends the front of the car 3 or 4 inches. All four front bumper brackets had extensions welded on, and were re-drilled. IIRC, special extra-long outer brackets were provided. The 67 Shelby used a four-5" headlight system, which required special buckets and brackets, not to mention a completely different grille.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have a problem. The Shelby nose (which was one piece) extends the front of the car 3 or 4 inches. All four front bumper brackets had extensions welded on, and were re-drilled. IIRC, special extra-long outer brackets were provided. The 67 Shelby used a four-5" headlight system, which required special buckets and brackets, not to mention a completely different grille.

so unless I plan to do a complete overhaul of the front It may not be worth it to take the guy up on this offer?
I dont want to buy a new hood.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Ate te parts for a 67 or 68? I believe they were different too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts