Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,542 Posts
....Hoosier 245/50-15 R7 DOT radials ..race tires.
Because..."racecar". Size and stance are just about perfect in my opinion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds wicked, just like it should. Nice to see it being enjoyed.

Reactions: G.T.350-R

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
That's exactly how I drive my car. Let the SOB rev and hang on! Sounds great! He and I would get along really well. He has 30 more cubes and 30 more RWHP so it's gotta be fun. I don't know what he has for tires but he has better traction than I do unless he didn't have his foot all the way into it. When he had those folks behind him and he said "are you ready?" and he made the slight right turn onto the street he should have drifted all the way through 1st! (y)
OK, now let’s se your video for a comparison so we can see how it should be done!

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,881 Posts
Awesome car. Such a waste keeping it on the street. There’s 10-20 of those at every race weekend. It’s the only place you can truly appreciate the awesomeness of the build.

Dreams become reality with time and money!

Mark
Mark, I'm halfway there...I've got the time 😂.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
OK, now let’s se your video for a comparison so we can see how it should be done!
I would love to. I'll get my son to be the cameraman since my video making skills stink...first I have to go watch that GT-350 Tribute again ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Glad you guys liked it! Can only hope my build Is as outrageous...but there’s a LOT of similarities!

He’s got me wondering if I should have gone X-pipe instead of H-pipe...

Reactions: Quicksilver66

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
might be a real GT350...CS plate on the left inner fender...they never indicated it was anything but a GT350...original magnesium wheels.... sounds legit...nice video thanks for the share....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sounds very good! Hoping my engine gets on the dyno this week...

Can't tell from your pic...aluminum driveshaft or just painted silver? No driveshaft safety loop?

Reactions: Turnall

·
Spammer Hammer
9,667 Posts
From the looks of the location of your X, about the only thing a loop is going to protect is you undercarriage. However, I’m not suggesting you not use one.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I love the car and the videos too. Let’s see how long the stroker will last with 7000rpm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Glad you guys liked it! Can only hope my build Is as outrageous...but there’s a LOT of similarities!

He’s got me wondering if I should have gone X-pipe instead of H-pipe...
I could not agree more about the owners statements about how he thinks the X-pipe has something to do with the way it sounds and how it has a higher pitch. After I had my H pipe removed and an X-pipe and magnaflows installed, I noticed that also. Pardon me for saying this, but I mentioned to my friend how the car sounded more like a modern corvette (which also have X-pipes).

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I love the car and the videos too. Let’s see how long the stroker will last with 7000rpm...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it will be fine. That engine looks like a Ford Performance Boss 363. Stout block and bottom end. It has Ford Performance heads on it also so it could possibly be the 507 HP Boss 363 crate motor (previous version was ONLY rated at 500 HP ;) ). Its peak HP rating occurs at 6500 so it is probably built to handle 7000 or more.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
After I had my H pipe removed and an X-pipe and magnaflows installed, I noticed that also. Pardon me for saying this, but I mentioned to my friend how the car sounded more like a modern corvette (which also have X-pipes).
The guy in that video said he had Doug Thorley long tubes, an X-pipe, some type of bullet muffler (you can see it in the video...his mufflers hang lower than most mid-muffler installs I've seen), and augers installed post muffler with side-exit exhaust. He noted the X-pipes is what he thinks drives the sound, but I think it's really the entire combination of parts he is running...it sounds like a NASCAR cup engine.

On my car I used to have Hedman long tubes, X-pipe and SpinTechs that dumped out the bottom before the axles. It was a mellow deep sound that I really liked and attributed most of it to the SpinTechs. But I'm switching to a complete JBA setup...shortys (for ground clearance), H-pipe, bullet mufflers and side exit exhaust. Guess we will see what it sounds like...probably similar to @silverblueBP as I think he is running a JBA system.

And agree with @blkfrd that - if built right - that 363 can handle over 7,000+ RPM (but I really don't know the specs of the Boss 363). We are near to finishing up my 347 and it is absolutely being build to rev high past 7,000 RPM. But we've also been thinking to set my rev limiter on the MSD box at 7,000 RPM (to protect it from me and my enthusiasm) as it will hopefully spin up quick since the driveline will have an 11.5# flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, and 3.70 gears.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,667 Posts
Mark may have JBA headers (not sure), but he has some sort of race bullet mufflers and uses a oval exhaust equivalent to a 3” diameter.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts