Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,542 Posts
OK Mark, its your turn to show us a picture......purty please.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
OK Mark, its your turn to show us a picture......purty please.
I don’t have any recent exhaust pics. Just look at Allen’s. It’s the same as mine, I think.

I’m running Mac long tubes, X pipe, Dynomax race bullets and 2 1/2” oval pipe. My engine is not stroked and it’s breathing through 1966 289 heads! I am running a Boss 302 block.

Sounds like this.

Sorry for the hijack.

Mark

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Whats the deal with the convertible he is building ? Coyote is my guess.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like this.

Sorry for the hijack.
Mark
1. Is it just me, or does that rev up really fast.
2. It looks like your idle is ~1,400. It sounds like it's <1,000.
3. Not sure if anyone has told you, but your tach isn't lined up quite right.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
1. Is it just me, or does that rev up really fast.
2. It looks like your idle is ~1,400. It sounds like it's 3. Not sure if anyone has told you, but your tach isn't lined up quite right.
1. Revs really fast.
2. Idles at 1,300-1,400
3. You’re the first It’s chipped at 7,500 so it’ll last a few years. I built it to turn 8k.

Mark

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I’m running Mac long tubes, X pipe, Dynomax race bullets and 2 1/2” oval pipe.
Mark
actually the oval pipe is what I hoped to see. Not a fan of a round pipe sticking out the side, always looks a little out of place because it’s not up tight against the rockers. I know, “racecar”, who cares. Just my aesthetics. Nothing I can say about that sound, still trying to get my breath. As for that driver clocked tach, I somehow think you’ve learned to live with it.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
The tach is clocked so 7,500 is straight up. At speed, it’s much easier to see needles pointing straight up then hunting for them. All the important gauges are clocked that way.

Here you go.

Mark

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
The tach is clocked so 7,500 is straight up. At speed, it’s much easier to see needles pointing straight up then hunting for them. All the important gauges are clocked that way.

Here you go.

Mark
That's why my tach has 4k at the top, you know, for at speed...

J/K, the tach I ordered actually has 7k at the top, I'll be hunting for my needle... :oops:

Allen

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Wow, that oval is even flatter than I thought it would be. Pretty sure I’m going with rear turn downs again but I do like those a lot. For the record, I know exactly why your tach is clocked that way. (y)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Well, you snuck that Blue Streak into the picture so I’m surprised I even saw the pipe at all.

Reactions: silverblueBP
41 - 54 of 54 Posts