Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Shelby GT350 Tribute - Autotopia L.A.

5K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  Edbert 
#1 ·
Make sure you watch this clip with your volume turned up.

And before someone whines about it not being a “real” GT350, do you really care with the way this engine screams?!?!

Autotopia L.A. - Shelby GT350 Tribute

#9 ·
Awesome car. Such a waste keeping it on the street. There’s 10-20 of those at every race weekend. It’s the only place you can truly appreciate the awesomeness of the build.

Dreams become reality with time and money!

Mark

#17 ·
That's exactly how I drive my car. Let the SOB rev and hang on! Sounds great! He and I would get along really well. He has 30 more cubes and 30 more RWHP so it's gotta be fun. I don't know what he has for tires but he has better traction than I do unless he didn't have his foot all the way into it. When he had those folks behind him and he said "are you ready?" and he made the slight right turn onto the street he should have drifted all the way through 1st! (y)

Reactions: G.T.350-R
#28 · (Edited)
Glad you guys liked it! Can only hope my build Is as outrageous...but there’s a LOT of similarities!

He’s got me wondering if I should have gone X-pipe instead of H-pipe...

Reactions: Quicksilver66
#31 ·
Sounds very good! Hoping my engine gets on the dyno this week...

Can't tell from your pic...aluminum driveshaft or just painted silver? No driveshaft safety loop?

Reactions: Turnall
#38 ·
I love the car and the videos too. Let’s see how long the stroker will last with 7000rpm...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it will be fine. That engine looks like a Ford Performance Boss 363. Stout block and bottom end. It has Ford Performance heads on it also so it could possibly be the 507 HP Boss 363 crate motor (previous version was ONLY rated at 500 HP ;) ). Its peak HP rating occurs at 6500 so it is probably built to handle 7000 or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.