Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of repro 65-66 Shelby Hoods out there. I'm not concerned about the price as long as the quality is good. Anyone found one that fits right and doesn't need 40 hours of work before you can use it? Is a Shelby scoop on a stock hood a decent option? I'm ready to buy a hood but they all look the same in the catalog.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have used a bolt on scoop before and was satisfied with the results. I tried a bond on scoop and it was more than 40 hours of work. I have thought of the fuberglass hood with scoop but don't like the price. I'm thinking of making my own hood.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
The hood I bought from Branda was a good fit. Only problem I had was after the prep sanding It must of had an air bubble in one spot, sanded through to the point where it showed up :horror: A little repair and moved on.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My brother bought a fiberglass hood for his 66 from Branda, it fit better then the original hood. This was a long while ago, so branda may have changed suppliers 20 times by now. All though Branda says they only sell the best products on the market. If you can stomach the price. :puke:

Good luck

Ken - www.MichiganMustang.com

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I think you will find ALL will need some work, as too how much just going to depend how lucky you are. Branda's stuff is considers alittle better than some other's.

I would contact Cobra- automotive and get there opinion I know they do some fiberglass but I don't think they do a hood but might be able to give you some insight.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
by far the best hoods are made by legendary motorcar company in canada. they do they vacuum bag process and are mint, branda handles them

call and ask who else 905-875-4700 i believe they only sell through distributors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts