Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a original 67 Shelby inboard grill I can’t find any pics or info of this grill online it’s got the full top with inboard bezels with a continuous mesh to the bottom under bumper
Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
834 Posts
And your question is....? Post some pics, maybe your looking to see if it is indeed original or not? History?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I have a original 67 Shelby inboard grill I can’t find any pics or info of this grill online it’s got the full top with inboard bezels with a continuous mesh to the bottom under bumper
Thanks for any input
BDD794E2-7BB4-4DB3-B073-44339DE9E281.jpeg

·
Registered
834 Posts
Might run that by www.saac.com, there are knowledgeable people over there that are "year" specific and can tell an original from a repop... not saying yours isn't what you say, just trying to help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might run that by www.saac.com, there are knowledgeable people over there that are "year" specific and can tell an original from a repop... not saying yours isn't what you say, just trying to help.
Thanks I will look into that
I know it’s original I helped my friend strip the Shelby 40 years ago when he rolled it
What a shame I still have some parts left
And I’m trying to get a idea what the grill is worth so I can sell it
Thanks again

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I own one (a 67 GT 350, since 1971), and, that grill is a little unique in that it is one piece top to bottom. Why I say this is because they only used the one piece grill on the very early cars, AND those cars also had the grill mounted on an angle to where they also have to have an angled headlight mounting area structure. I don't see that in your photos.
The other inboard grill was mounted inside the opening, and, no way could it be one piece like this one.
Value? I use the NPD catalog as a guide. What does a repop one cost? That is your minimum.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Paul67,
On the SAAC forum send a PM to Bob Gaines. He owns '67 #1 and can help you with a value

·
Banned
275 Posts
It's an early style grill used up to about #400. There is also a couple different versions.
There have been a couple reproduction runs in the past few years. Post a few pictures. If it's for sale I may be interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any chance you remember the number of this car? What other parts do you have? Wish I still had mine.
I have a complete brushed dash with all the clusters and gt500 emblem on passenger side . set of upper rear air scoops and lower rear brake cooling scoops’ right front fender and 9”rear end
All ready sold the roll bars years ago dumb move I pull all the vin tags and plates but can’t find them yet been looking for them

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks. Plus 1 one Bob Gaines, very knowledgeable on all year Shelbys.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Yep, that is an "early " type 67 Shelby grill. And it gets better! They only used that one peice grill up to car #100. (not an exact number). If I needed one, I'd be bugging you right now to sell it to me. I own #0036, it has that grill.
Repops of that are not in the NPD catalog, and there is only one place to buy that repop: Semo Mustang in Missouri. I paid $850 fo thier repop, but it has an upper and lower section. I'm using the repop in a tribute car that I'm building. DO NOT ACCEPT any low-ball offers on it!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wierd no lights in scoops, they supposedly did that to the first 200ish, but has an early grill. Leave it to Shelby to keep ya guessing. The scoops should have part numbers on them . Any luck with vin?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, that is an "early " type 67 Shelby grill. And it gets better! They only used that one peice grill up to car #100. (not an exact number). If I needed one, I'd be bugging you right now to sell it to me. I own #0036, it has that grill.
Repops of that are not in the NPD catalog, and there is only one place to buy that repop: Semo Mustang in Missouri. I paid $850 fo thier repop, but it has an upper and lower section. I'm using the repop in a tribute car that I'm building. DO NOT ACCEPT any low-ball offers on it!
Thanks for the heads up
I’m thinking of turning my 67 into a clone Shelby now ‘I got a few parts to get me started. when I finish my working on my 71 mustang I’m pretty sure the 67s in for a makeover thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts