Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new user here. I have a question about the 1967 and 1968 model year Shelby lemans stripes. Does anyone know the exact measurements for the 67 and 68 fastback stripes? Were they the same measurements as the stripes found on the eariler 65-66 Shelby mustangs? And the white stripes on the mustangs were standard wimbledon white, correct?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to paint a 67 fastback black with white Lemans stripes. I wanted to know the exact numbers for the best look.

I have the measurements for the 66 and earier stripes and wondered if they were the same for the 67 and 68 fastbacks. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
scizz, The only dimensions that are "official" are for the 65-6s. 67-8 Shelbys that sport LeMans stripes do so at their owner's pleasure; Shelby never applied over-the-top stripes to those models (there is an exception or two). If you go by the rule of thumb that the LeMans stripes matched the side stripes, then Wimbleton white wouldn't be used, but rather Polar white. Since they were principly a dealer-installed option, their layout and color used varied. Most folks just use the 65-6 dimensions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Use the measurements in the back of the Branda Mustang catalog and you will be ok, the white is actualy a Chevrolet white, if you are really interested i could get the paint code for you.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I believe Stangs unlimited has some measurements in their Cat. also...As I recall those were the one I used...(65-66) and they turned out great.

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
Let me reitterate: Shelby never put "LeMans" stripes on the 67/68's. The Supersnake used the narrow/widw/narrow type. Few of the others were dealer installed (show us the receipt.) Most of the others were owner installed.
I don't know why. Do 69 Boss 302 stripes look good on a 71??

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help everyone. About the paint color, I did find both the blue and white paint codes and another copy of the 65-66 measurements used for the stripes. This was at the NVSAAC site. thanks. I think ill go for Raven black exterior with the commercial Chevy white Lemans stripes (using the 65-66 measurements). I think they will look good on a 67 fastback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts