Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was there for the second time last month, really enjoyed it. The tour was so so. Pretty much parroted Ford vs Shelby. For those new to the story it was great. Would have enjoyed a deeper dive into the cars. Went on Saturday and there was a small C&C in the parking lot. Talked to some nice folks. The next day, we headed up to Spring Mountain to take some hot laps in a modified Z06 Corvette. I agree, if you’ve not visited, it’s definitely worth it next time you’re in Vegas.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you hit up Vegas and have time, go there. South end of the strip.

When I was there early last year they had a Shelby GLHS sitting in the for sale section.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree it’s definitely worth the trip when in Vegas. I live about an hour away, and I visit the museum about once every 90 days. They do a great job swapping cars around. Always some different cars each time I go. It’s interesting to see what they are working on in the mod shop.

Kevin

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
The Good:

- They have some VERY cool cars to see.

- The tours are free.

- Great place for pictures and selfies.

- The store has some nice Shelby schwag.

- The new location is very convenient and easy to get to from The Strip.

The Bad:

- You can't get up close to some of the cars; they're behind ropes.

- The quality of the tour guides varies. On my tour, the guide said a few things that were clearly completely wrong. (Like that all 1966 Hertz Rent-A-Racers had a 4-speed trans.) If this happens to you, just suck it up. When I politely pointed out the guide's error, in private, he got all bent of shape, eventually looked it up online, saw I was right and, eventually, apologized. It was awkward.

- When I asked about the Ford, factory Shelby Mustangs, the guide got all defensive and didn't want to acknowledge those cars even existed. "They just use the Shelby name under license", was all I got out off him.

- The purpose of the tours is to sell schwag and promote their build services. For anyone at all familiar with the Shelby story, you won't get anything new or in-depth. But again, they do have some nice schwag.

- The shop is just an R&R (remove and replace) shop. They charge a LOT off money to unbolt factory parts from your car or truck and bolt on aftermarket parts like sway bars and superchargers. The parts they use do work pretty well together, but by no means are they doing anything exotic.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I moved about 25 minutes from there and have yet to go....I need to go check it out. It’s one of those things you know is there and isn’t going anywhere so you put it off. Perhaps this weekend I’ll head over. I’m trying to get back into working on my fastbacks again so seeing cars is part of getting the fire back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts