Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup.... redneck posted it... I found one for sale and am very tempted to purchase...

I was just hoping for more information

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Not sure what information you're looking for. They're pretty rare. As long as it has the buddy bar logo cast in it, it should be legit. It would be awesome on a period correct build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looking for any information on history of it. Was it a Factory installed, or aftermarket only. What years shelby put them on, what was the overall purpose etc. Just looking for history....

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Just looking for any information on history of it. Was it a Factory installed, or aftermarket only. What years shelby put them on, what was the overall purpose etc. Just looking for history....
Google says they were an over the counter item only. Never installed by CS or ford. One person claims only 34 made, but I cant verify that. Some say they were on CS drag cars, but again no verification.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
There is not a stock hood that would fit under. It looks like a bad idea if one wants similar flow to all cylinders.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Was just browsing over @ Cobra "Turkey Pan" Ram Air Box and noticed they call the Turkey Pan a Ram Air Box.

Used on lots of different actual "race" cars, Camaros, Mopar and the others. I was told once it was to contain a fuel spill but it looks ineffective for that unless they get sealed up more. i think it was as a heat shield and also get more cooler air in.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I remember a single 4V one hanging in a friends business for many years .

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I have a new Shelby ram box with a 4V plate that I have owned for many years.
Considering selling if I can determine a fair price. Will post in parts for sale
when that happens.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have no clue where some of you get your misinformation but I 'll try and straighten you out.
The manifold was NEVER factory installed on any GT350 from '65-68 The manifold didn't EXIST until LATE '68 ( after '68 GT350 production was over) and it was over the counter only as it previously stated. It WILL fit under a STOCK steel hood . It is NO taller than an F4B or Cobra dual plane high rise. There were over a thousand produced and they typically do NOT have the Buddy Bar logo on them. The manifold is (IMHO) the best cross ram made for the 289-302 standard head. Airflow was better than a dual plane , but fuel distribution can be improved with the use of a flow bench ."In the day" they were not "rare" at all. 52 years later they are scarce. I am an old dude that was there last century.
More questions about this manifold , just ask.
Randy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts