Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when my wife and I were out showing houses to a couple from Connecticut, we drove by a house (kinda near our own house) where there was a nice looking '68 Shelby parked in the garage. It was a white fastback with blue stripes. I had never seen the car around before and thought that it was a pretty cool sighting. Then, a couple hours later, we were returning from Sacramento after dropping our buyers off at their hotel, and what do I see on the freeway in front of us? A 1968 white Shelby fastback with blue stripes! I thought, it had to be the same car, but what were the chances of that? We passed it and came home. Then, as we were waiting to turn into our neighborhood, I see the same car coming up from behind us. I'm now convinced it's the same car I saw in the garage earlier in the day. Weird. Never seen the car before, then seeing it 3 times in the same day.

Johnpro, ever seen this car? It lives just off of Woodcreek Oaks, between the golf course and Horncastle Ave.

·
Registered
455 Posts
HI TIM,
Are you the same mustanger that the wife and I met in front of the Claim Jumper in Roseville to pick up trim pieces for a 65 mustang? Is the car in your signature your Praire Bronze?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and yes!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw a Shelby yesterday too, but it was a green '68 convertible GT350 in Ann Arbor, MI.

I had decided it was time to take the '66 out for a drive. I checked out the weather channel (it was cloudy, wanted to see if there was rain around) and there was no mention of rain, so I put the top down and off we went.

About five minutes later my wife stated the obvious. "It's raining". Yeah, I know... "Can we put the top up?" No, you'll be fine... it's just sprinkling... just be glad we're not on a motorcycle. Then the car in front of us hit a puddle, water went flying everywhere, and I started to get really nervous about the cars coming at us and any puddles they might encounter...

And right about that time I noticed the Shelby, about two cars ahead of us in the next lane over. Top down, passengers looking up at the sky, driver probably doing the same thing I was - trying to avoid any uncoming car/puddle combinations.

Of course once we stopped I did put the top up, insuring no more rain for the afternoon...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts