Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Northwoods Region Shelby American Automobile Club presents:

The Northwoods Gran Prix at Autobahn Country Club Joliet, Saturday September 31 and Sunday October 1.

If you would like to participate in the open track event, hang out and meet new friends at the Saturday evening cookout, or just stop by to spectate, check out the link below:

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/autobahn/2006/

Independent of but concurrent with the Shelby event, the show car parking area has been reserved both days for the Chicago VMF and their guests. All makes and models welcome. There is no charge to the club. There is a standard $5.00 per person admission fee at the gate, 10% of the total collected from VMF will be reimbursed by Autobahn CC back to VMF. For an unforgetable experience, participants will get to drive their cars on the track during the Lunch Touring Session! More info at:

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/CarShowWeb.pdf

Mark your calenders, bring the whole family and don't miss the cookout (must register for cookout with the NW Shelby Club, link above).

Any specific questions may be directed to me at: [email protected]

See you there!
Henry V

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
A few of us went out to this event last year and had a great time. If you have any opportunity to go, please do. It's a nice facility and you might be lucky enough to catch a ride around the track for a couple of hot laps with one of the members. It's an expierence you won't forget. It's a friendly group and it's fun to watch them working on their cars. These guys are more than happy to talk about their cars with you (just like the rest of us :p ).

I hope that our club can present a strong showing and thanks to Henry for getting us involved. This is a great opportunity.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Would love to go to the Saturday date. What time does it start. I doubt we would stay for the cookout, but would love to spend a nice afternoon with the cars. This is our first free Saturday in a couple months.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
machblu said:
Sounds great, do we have to register?
You will register for the On Track Parade Tour at the registration building located at the front gate to the Autobahn. Open 9-5 both days. Only show cars will be allowed to tour. $5 per person Autobahn general entry fee, 13 and under free. You may park your show car in the reserved show car area. There is also a general public parking area. Race cars and pit support vehicles in the paddock area.

See you there,
Henry V

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Some additional info:

On both Sat and Sun, tracks go hot at 9am til 12 noon, parade tour sometime between 12 noon and 1pm, then hot again from 1pm to 5pm.

Spectators and those who wish to use the car show grounds will be admitted around 8:30am.

Cookout on Sat around 5:30, must register for cookout with the Northwoods Shelby Club, info on www.nwshelbyclub.com website.

13 and under no admission fee.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I go and park in the show car area do I have to stay the entire time? Both days Ive got other things going on but if I were to get there at nine I would be leaving around noon. Is this possible or would I be stuck?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
styx281 said:
If I go and park in the show car area do I have to stay the entire time? Both days Ive got other things going on but if I were to get there at nine I would be leaving around noon. Is this possible or would I be stuck?

You are not required to stay any longer than you wish, but I assure you that you will want stay the whole day both days. If you want to enjoy the Saturday evening Shelby Club cookout at the Autobahn you must contact the Northwoods Shelby Club to sign up for the cookout ASAP!!! www.nwshelbyclub.com This should be a no brainer but bring your camera, I promise several gigabytes of some pretty cool eye candy.

See you there!
Henry V

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks as though the weather men messed up again. Everyone that is going today it looks like a beautiful day. I on the other hand moved some plans around so I will only be able to attend Sunday any one else going tomorrow?

·
2,696 Posts
Yep. Looks like 2 nice days after all!

Unfortunately, I am under the weather today, and
have decided to stay home this weekend.

But I do encourage everyone to take advantage of
the chance to see the Autobahn.

Hopefully, I will see everyone at Anderson Ford on
October 14.

-Zim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great day, no rain, great people. Went on the track for a good 1/2 hour with speeds up to 60+. Only 3 of our group but there was a few others on the track. Nice turn out for the Shelby Club interesting cars. If you can go Sunday do it!!! They treated us 1 st. class.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I second that the chance to get on the track. It is an unforgettable experience. I was told I was lifting one tire off the track and it wasn"t in the dirt. I glanced at the speedo once and it read 85( but don't tell the track official). I had one adult in the back opposite the driver and one child in front with a helmet on in the passenger seat having the time of his life(so was Dad) I was only passed once by my wheelcover.
Don't let the opportunity pass you by.
Dave

·
Registered
165 Posts
Made it out there today, I was the only "show car" there until Paul got there around 11. I hade to leave at noon and didnt get to go around the track (hopefully we will be invited back next year) I got there at 8:30 and watched alot of racing this was probably the coolest event I was ever at, watching those cars was awsome. Very nice place and setup. Do they do anyother events like this where we can go and watch? Anyway Beatiful day to take the car out for a drive and watch some HIGH performance cars go around the track. Oh yeah thanks to Roddster and Paul for relaying my plaque to me from the Berwyn show.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts