Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO ALL I HOPE I AM NOT SPOILING THIS FIND FOR ANYONE. FOUND A 67 FB GOING TO SALE SOON AT A AUCTION SITE BELOW. I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES WHILE SCANNING THE COMPUTER AT 1AM. IT IS LISTED AS A PLANE JANE 67FB NO REFERENCE TO SHELBY HOWEVER IT HAS BEEN VARIFIED BY SAAC GURU GT350DAVE. I AM SURE IT IS WAY OUT OF MY $$$$$RANGE NOW THAT THE SECRET IS OUT. CHECK OUT THE SITE YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A SHELBY. Copart | Search | Car Finder | Current Sales UNDER CLASSIC CARS PAGE 4 OR 5

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's built in San Jose. I'm not as familiar with the '67's, were Shelbys built there? Also does the '67's have a number in the vin to id it as a Shelby just like the #48 is used in 69/70?

·
Registered
638 Posts
If that is truly the car, then it is in fact an original Shelby GT-350. All 1965-1968 Shelby's were San Jose cars and that one seems to have the right parts and look. From the ultra rare comfortweave, deluxe interior, exterior components and other interior appointments it looks correct. I'd be interested in seeing the vin as the one from Shelby goes hand in hand with the factory vin to verify autheticity. Engine looks accurate as well.

·
I won a special award
7,410 Posts
Where's the Sheby stripes and the inboard running lights.
The early cars had the inboard lights and red marker lights in the upper scoops behind the doors. Several different states DMV's had an issues with the placement of the driving lights and the red marker lights. Early in the production of the 67 Shelby's the lights were moved outboard and the red marker lights were deleted.

According to someone on this forum,

http://eleanorinspired1967mustangfastback.yuku.com/topic/2352/is-this-a-real-GT350-shelby-or-a-replica-shelby-experts?page=1

they ran the Ford VIN through the SAAC registry and the car is a clone and not a geniune Shelby. But it is a K car.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Ah HAh!!!!!! I thought something was up. I was thinking about putting my 64 1/2 convertible on ebay tomorrow to put together some funds to bid on that car. This is what I like about this forum...anything you want to know ..just put it out there.Still, that is a very nice looking car and a low milage K car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Shelby posted has the lights place outboard to meet the restrictions that some states had back then outlawing the inboard setup. As far as the stripes go, it has likely been repainted and the owner probably wanted to leave them off. Originally roughly 10% of the 67's didn't have the stripes installed and the 65-66's had even higher percentages that were left off at the owners discretion. Looks like a steal based on the pics if it can be had for $40-50K.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be going to check the car out I am about 45 minutes away. If anyone who is interested in the car needs pics or info I will do my best to help you out. When I get them I will probably just post them.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's been off and on Copart for the last few weeks. If it is a clone,and it may well be, it sure is a nice one. Some more pics would be nice, like the tach and VIN. BTW, the over-the-top stripes were a dealer added item in 1967. Shelby no longer added them at the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts