Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see this cardbord shield sold aftermarket.It is made out of the same material as a glove box liner.It protects your wire harness from the pivot arm of the wiper behind the dash cluster.NPD shows one in their catalog but has not had one since the catalog was printed.Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Funny you should ask today.

I just dropped by NPD's California store yesterday and got the same answer. I am planning to fold mine flat and cut out a new one. Craft stores carry a similar heavy weight cardboard. My girlfriend has some, and since she's off visiting relatives, I can steal it without any repercusions. Should get that done, plus putting the plastic hats in the cowl and putting in the new battery tray. Then, prepping for painting the dash and some trim.

·
Registered
923 Posts
If your not interested in a concours restoration. Our old one is the same material as the glove box. We made ours out of thin aluminum. All the shield does is prevent the wiper assembly from damaging the wiring as the wiper assembly works. Our metal one has worked fine, and being out of aluminum it won't rust, rot, corrode etc.
Dave

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought about making it out of thin aluminum.I may give that a try.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I tried to get one of those from NPD (the only catalog listing them) quite a long time ago; but they didn't have any. I got the impression that they would no longer be available. I ended up repairing my old one as I've read that it is a necessary piece to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts