Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did mustangs ever have a shifter on the column. Someone says that they have a 67 which originally was and auto with the shifter on the column. I have never heard of that...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought... But I am never surprised when I find out about another one of those crazy options... Has anyone ever seen the kleenex box?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, but still something you could purchase the car with, not something you add yourself. I saw a car once with 127 of the 128 options the dealer offered. Including a rare color, head rests, 3 point seat belt, rubber bumber pads, kleenex box (it's in a chrome box that swivels out from under the passanger dash) and many other things. It made it onto Speed TV.

·
Registered
890 Posts
But, the point is that Mustangs came with floor shifters from the factory, and there was never a dealer option for a column shift.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understood that, I was just commenting on the other "cool" options that you could get. I only asked the question in the first place to just make sure.

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
How about this: If, some handicapped person needed a column shifter, wouldn't the one out of a Falcon work??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts