Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a caliper that's rubbing on my brake rotor. Somebody said on here the other day that there should have been shims installed with the kit but seeing that there was no kit then there are no shims. Where can I find shims and where would they be placed. I'm guessing between the caliper bracket and the caliper itself. I thought it was set up right this time but when it was pulled out in the street today it started doing the same thing.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Are you saying that the rotor really is touching the caliper? Or, does the brake pad occationall touch the rotor?
Front, or rear?
And, it is possible that the rotor is a little warped,

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Are you saying that the rotor really is touching the caliper? Or, does the brake pad occationally touch the rotor?
Front, or rear?
And, it is possible that the rotor is a little warped,

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it ended up being that I put the wrong bearing on the caliper. It was the rotor wobbling and touching the caliper rather than the caliper touching the rotor. I picked up the one from the Granada front end and threw the good one in the container with the other parts. Found the smaller bearing, put it in and voila. No more wobble.....
hopefully. I think this is a good lesson on keeping the work area organized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts