Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a hood for my Boss in CA...and it's being shipped truck freight collect to VA. Just out of curiosity, how long does this take to do? UPS is usually 7 business days. And since it's collect for the shipping, do they call before they arrive so you know when they will show up? Never done it before and was curious if anyone knew the answers to my questions. Thanks

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I had a hood shipped from Ind. to Ca. and it took about 9 days counting the weekend. Roadway trucked it and did a great job. What I did was have them call me when the hood was at their yard and then I went and picked it up. Saved about $50.00 in doing so. Make sure you inspect it before you accept it.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Ask the supplier for the tracking number (Pro Number) and the name of the carrier they used. You can then track your shipment across country using the carrier's web site. I had parts shipped from PA to WA... took about 8 or 9 days. Take Abab's advice and open the box and inspect the hood BEFORE you pay the driver or sign the bill of lading. If it dammaged (beyond a scratch or something minor) REFUSE the shipment. The carrier will then return the hood to the seller.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
The guy said it would take 3-5 business days..a little more if I demand it within 3. But he said the same thing to me..inspect it before I sign/pay. A scratch here and there is okay, but major cracks and dents and such....turn it away. He said he's had only 1 or 2 problems in the last few years shipping hoods cross country. He also told me that when there was a problem, it was handled swiftly so that gives me some confidence. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts