Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fellow vmf;er wants a door i have,several states away.never shipped something this heavy,big before. who would do this,ups. what do i need to do. there is a ups nearby,or other suggestions. thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I just shipped a 69 door today by UPS.It was 61 lbs and from Florida to California was 48.00.If you can double box it and keep it under 130" with length and girth you should have no problem.A good place to get a shipping carton is a furniture store.Headboard and footboard boxes are the best choice.They are 6" to 12" thick. Matt

·
Registered
876 Posts
I bought a door about 2 years ago from a gentlemen in CA.He shipped the door in a box that a bicycle came in and padded it good with bubble wrap.He sent it from CA to NJ UPS Ground and it took about 7 days.It arrived good and it cost about 40 or 45 dollars to ship.it was just the shell no glass.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I just shipped to doors two another VMFer recently, and a few states away. He said they showed up fine with no damage. I made sure to package them well, and definitely padded the two ends extra well, since I'm sure UPS would probably drop them a few times before they got to their destination.

As another poster mentioned, Greyhound is another good option, as I have used them to ship fenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts