Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been here for two years and I see a lot of for sale or trade adds that say they prefer not to ship quarters,doors,fenders,glass. I pm lots of people to let them know greyhoun will ship them all. As long as the nears depo accepts packages this way is the cheapest and safest.I sent a mustang fender from Oregon to NY for $45.00 This is just one of many times I have shipped this way.
If anyone wants to ship a door shell,Go to your local bicycle shop and get a free large bike box.The doors fit perfect as long and the wing window is off the door.There is even enough room to put padding around all sides of the door.As for quarters and fenders use the same boxes ,cut them open and wrap the cardboard around them ,protecting the items from being scratched.I put carpet padding around them first.
Just my .02 cents
Troy ::

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I've had 3 doors shipped in bike boxes via FedEx Ground, all for about $50 each. I agree that this is a great way to go. I've never used Greyhound, but I am aware of it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Another place to get boxes is from body shops or dealerships. I once purchased a hood that came in a dodge box... The guy I bought it from really didn't want to deal with shipping it until I let him know that Airborne Express ( Now DHL ) will ship just about anything that fits in their vans. They also picked it up at his door for no extra charge...

On another note, I was pleasantly surprised when my roof panel and trunk lid came in from Mustangs Unlimited... They put each of the original boxes inside another carton that had at least 3-10 inches of additional padding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts