Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some tires from a private party and am wondering what's the best way to ship these. Any ideas? Would wrapping them up individually and shipping each one by itself be the least expensive route?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Start here http://www.ups.com/ and then go to rates, this would be a good place to start. I see a lot of tires shipped that just have the shipping label stuck to the outside of the tire. I don't see any need to wrap them up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The times I've purchased tires from the TireRack, they've come to me bundled (all 4 banded together). They were just wrapped in paper.

I sold a set of wheels/tires last summer. I went to U-Haul and bought two TV boxes and shipped a pair in each. I tied the rims together to help prevent shifting inside the box.

UPS.com has a shipping cost estimator on their site. You can enter the information a 1,2 or 4 packages (giving the size and weight) and see what works out best.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I sold some tires last summer, and found it cheaper to ship all 4 together. I got a TV box from a Electronics store and just cut the Styrofoam down that was inside for the corners so the box wouldn't collapse and break open if it was dropped, as UPS is know to do from time to time. I had no problems going across 5 states.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Check with Greyhound Express (the bus company) for some very good rates for bulky items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts