Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally, I use the ebay global shipping, or the Post Office, but the world has gone crazy.

I am trying to ship 4 wire spinner hubcaps. The ebay shipping quote is $381. The post office is $182 and FecEx is $740

It weighs 17 pounds, and is 16 x 16 x 16, boxed.

The post office has discontinued priority mail due to COVID, so the post office is express.

Any good freight forwarders?

Any ideas? Thanks Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I've sold parts to Australia, the buyer has a shipper normally in California. I send to that shipper's address with his name and whatever account number. From that point the parts package and many others are loaded in a shipping container. It's the only cheaper way but the container may not get to Australia for up to six weeks.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
1,529 Posts
Yes I've done that as well...buyer had a shipping container address.

·
Registered
See my 1967 parts needs in my signature below!
876 Posts
@Mustangerbob1
I'm happy to let you use my discounted FedEx rates if it helps you. My costs are as follows:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

I picked an address from one of my customers in Queensland, but the cost should be the same throughout the country.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Same here in Europe: What about $ 41 shipping (cheapest!) for a $ 14 set of advanced distributor springs????

·
Premium Member
8,271 Posts
It might be cheaper and more fun to put them in a carry-on bag, fly over and hand them to the guy and fly back. Talk about service! Then you could say you went Down Under, and Up Over!

Reactions: Mach1 Driver

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Australia was always the most expensive place to ship parts to international customers. USPS was the most reasonable price I could find. Once it got there, the buyer had to pay a import tax based on the price of the parts. Needless to say, this put a damper on selling parts in Australia. My parts fit the Australian Falcons as well as classic Fords so there no lack of demand, but some customers would hesitate because of shipping/tax costs. I did have an Australian customer that had a shipping container within driving range so I delivered the parts. The container had a restored Boss 302 and a 428CJ Mach 1 in it...dang!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts