Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to send a console to Australia best way? special packaging? cost any info appreciated thanks Robert

·
Registered
21,622 Posts
I've shipped small packages with just a few magizes ect, to another VFMer there, it was a small fortune, like about $30+ dollars. I have a feeling you'll spend more then it's worth to ship, good luck!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
UPS is always expensive. I have shipped to Aus. and the cost was reasonable. Check USPS.gov. on net they will give you a price if you put in correct info. Gary

·
Registered
105 Posts
I shipped the 4 rear corner fiberglass pieces from a 65 FB to a guy in Austrailia, and I was really surprised at how cheap it was. It was $11.50 for groundand 25.60 for air mail.
I went through the good ol USPS post office. Just be sure to pack the console well because you'll never know how many times it'll be dropped and throw around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I recently shipped a complete shaker assembly to Austrailia. I shipped it USPS air 3 days. It cost $106 plus insurance. Thats how the buyer wanted it. The only problem was finding a box that the shaker would fit in that would meet the size limits for sending overseas. They are a lot more picky about that when it's going overseas. The first box I packed it in was too big and the guy at the post office wouldn't take it. Darn, and I did such a nice job packing it , too. The guy said the combined measurements have to be 79 inches for the box. I finally made a box that the combined measurements were 80 inches. The shaker barely fit in and there wasn't as much packing as I would have liked to put in. The lady at the post office didn't meassure as close as the first guy did, and took it. Whew! All in all it wasn't too bad. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
usps is the way to go, it is cheaper than ups.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
usps is the way to go, it is cheaper than ups.[/QUOTE)

+++USPS. I've shipped many parts to friends in Denmark and Poland for example. USPS is not that much higher to Poland than to California from Wisconsin! UPS is like 5X depending
on size and weight. Note: USPS and UPS have excellent cost estimating sites on line.
They go by the clever names USPS and UPS!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts