Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm putting together my 68 fb right now, and was looking for some opinions on shocks. Mustangs unlimited carries KYB and Koni (huge price differences between them!) and I was wondering what some people may have experienced with the siilar car. is the Koni that much better? is there another option out there that you all love?

thanks for your help.

Dan

p.s. FYI: I'm running a Currie 9" w/3:70 a Ford racing 385hp 351 and a 5 speed TKO tranny.

G

·
0 Posts
Depends on your plans for the car... many of the guys run KYBs and love it in their daily drivers. Koni's are really for those die hard handling freaks, and those that like to opentrack. I personally went with edelbrocks... the price kind of split the difference, and I really like them, great handling, pretty stiff ride, but I'm pretty sure that's because of my coil springs (stock, cut 1/2 coil)

Hope this helps,
Ken

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I run KYB all the way around on my car, it gives a little bit if a stiff ride, but its a compliant one. although , my front springs are eibach, so that has alot to do with it. if you want good handling for a decent value. just run KYB at all four corners. run a 1" sway in front and maybe a 3/4" in the rear or smaller. youd have yourself a pretty balanced handler .it all really depends on how agressive you want to go .

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I just installed the edlebrock IAS shocks last week, What a difference over the monroes, it's like a different car now. It has dramatically softened the bumps in the road and made the car handle better. I paid 69.00 ea from E-shocks.com Free shipping, and no tax. A much better deal than the Koni's, but if you decide on the Koni's they sell them also.

·
Registered
762 Posts
KYB's and sway bars (increase front thickness and add a rear)..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts