Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend from work is looking at buying a Mustang and is looking for a shop to do a lot of work on it for him in Houston or any good shop in Texas. I am from California and I know how high our shop rates are but figure he coudl make out down where he lives.

The car is a 1967 fastback shell that has been blasted, had all metal work done and has had an Eleanor bodykit installed by a reputable shop in California.

He wants to buy all of the parts for this to include Keith Craft drivetrain, TCP front and rear suspension and R & P, all new disc brakes, new rear end new driveline, painless wiring, new wheels and tires, new glass, etc. Basically the car needs paint and assembly of all of these items to be finished.

He is looking for a ball park figure on what this might cost for all this work. There is a guy who built a black super snake eleanor and paid $7,000 for paint and final bodywork. Does another $10,000 sound enough to install all the rest of the parts to finish? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
$10k sounds like a good start, it all depends on if he wants a 5 footer paint job or a 20 footer (how good the paint looks)and if he helps putting some of those parts listed on by himself. the labor is gonna eat up that $10k FAST! If he is not too picky and doesent go too crazy getting "eleanor stuff" the 10k might cover everything, but probably not. as far as shops i only know the ones in the dfw area. tell your friend that you will almost always go overbudget and your deadline is usually 6 months or more past what you were wanting to be done by.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. He is budgeting $10,000 for everything installed after paint. He has another $7,000 budgeted for paint as the car already has the Eleanor kit installed and bodywork done, just needs to be sprayed and cut and buffed.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If he wants the Keith Craft motor have him call C&S Performance, they used to be partners with KC, they just bought him out, but KC still owns the building, they have a good working relationship. They have a nice shop and can paint and build. Just dont get in a hurry.

Link

·
Registered
93 Posts
For a shop check out Vintage Upgrades in Humble, TX Just north of Houston. Google it for directions and contact info. I have never had any work done there but have dropped by many times and am very impressed with their work. They usually have several high end Mustangs there. Shelby's Boss 302's etc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts