Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a 64 1/2 convertible D code. It was sitting for twenty + years with a tarp over it. By the time I got it the tarp had disintegrated. I basically need a new unibody. The car isn't in two yet but the frame rails are hurting. I'm in Central Jersey by the Jersey shore. Any ideas on where to go. Mid county in PA isn't too bad of a hike but I'd like to find someone closer.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where ever you choose to have your Mustang painted/restored, insist on seeing their liability insurance policy. I was AMAZED to discover how few shops are properly covered. Do not take their word. Insist that you be named by the policy writer as a primary beneficiary in the event of a loss. This is dead serious business. Your car could be stolen, burned, or stripped, and you're left standing inline for compensation. I'm in a parallel business and such is standard practice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This isn't in the North East but I stumbled upon these guys in Spring Green, WI. They do some amazing work and work on all cars not just super high end stuff. Really fun to work with as well. My car is hopefully getting painted this week. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Media Blasting

We focus on media blasting classic cars and are located in Hampstead, NH. We don't do plows, sump trucks, or heavy equipment...just classic cars (and lots of Mustangs)!

You can see LOTS of pics of our work here: Sand Blasting - Classic Car Sandblasting

Come and check us out, I'd be glad to show you around our shop!

Phil

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maine restoration shop

Hi guys, wondering if anyone here has experience or knowledge of a shop in Poland, ME called Maine Mustang a.k.a Back From the Dead Restorations? You can send me a PM too if you prefer.

Thanks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts