Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm a newbie to the forum from New Hampshire, I recently purchased a 1966 mustang coupe last Spring. Over the summer i upgraded the brakes and suspension along with some other misc. things.
I'm now looking for a reputable shop in or close to N.H. that knows classic Mustangs to do a 5sp conversion along with other upgrades.
If anyone has a shop(s) they trust I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was giving it serious thought... I just don't have the room to work on it at the moment and the driveway is out of the question for the winter.
I wanted to get it done over the winter so when Spring flung so can I.
If I don't find a shop I will be doing it myself in the Spring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hardest part of the project is hanging the pedal. Everything else is pretty easy.
I am reading and watching all I can find. Seems Straight forward. I have a 302 with a 4spd toploader in it now. I think a stock rear so its not setup that great.
Purchased a W.C. T5 already, now I need the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Easy then ,get an adapter plate ,conversion cross member and your almost done. a floor jack, two jackstands under the rear axle, the front wheels on ramps will give you just enough room

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I am reading and watching all I can find. Seems Straight forward. I have a 302 with a 4spd toploader in it now. I think a stock rear so its not setup that great.
Purchased a W.C. T5 already, now I need the rest of the parts.
If it already a stick shift car....then it is a very easy job that can be accomplished on a saturday in the driveway with a torpedo heater (or in a friend's garage)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on this old thread.. I had the car worked on by a shop recommended in the Windham N.H. area. I had purchased all high-quality parts to make the job easy and reliable.
The shop gave me a very reasonable quote and said no issues at all. Had a detailed conversation with my requests and contact info.
When I did not hear from them in a while I called. They were having issues with some of the modern driveline parts they said.
Ok. No communication again for a while. Call back. It's ready ..
Well, I get there and wow... the invoice was 63% more than originally quoted. They never reached out to say they were off on the quote and it would be exponentially higher.
They rationalized the behavior by offering a payment plan because they didn't call. Paid in full and will never use again.
They put a new starter in the car and it seems when it starts now the torque of the starter is loud and a spray of oil seems to appear under the car. I know its odd...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Update on this old thread.. I had the car worked on by a shop recommended in the Windham N.H. area. I had purchased all high-quality parts to make the job easy and reliable.
The shop gave me a very reasonable quote and said no issues at all. Had a detailed conversation with my requests and contact info.
When I did not hear from them in a while I called. They were having issues with some of the modern driveline parts they said.
Ok. No communication again for a while. Call back. It's ready ..
Well, I get there and wow... the invoice was 63% more than originally quoted. They never reached out to say they were off on the quote and it would be exponentially higher.
They rationalized the behavior by offering a payment plan because they didn't call. Paid in full and will never use again.
They put a new starter in the car and it seems when it starts now the torque of the starter is loud and a spray of oil seems to appear under the car. I know its odd...
That’s insane. Maybe put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau https://www.bbb.org. Or, if they have their business listed under google maps or yelp, leave an honest review on what happened. You had an estimate, 63% over seems dishonestly excessive on the shops part...

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your car is at least enjoyable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts