Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Shelby style wheel for my 66 from Tony D Branda... you know the one for $249.99... Problem is the wheel is too close to the turn signal lever now, and the lever needs to be shortened so that I don't keep accidently turning on the signals.... where can I get a short lever, or how do I do this...??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
491 Posts
I took an extra lever and cut off about an inch and put a rubber vacuum cap on the end. I had the same problem w/ my Moto Lita wheel.
Todd.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Because they have never worked on any cars the Branda people wouldnt know that on a flat dish wheel like is used on the 65 GT350 they kinked the lever slightly at Shelby to clear the wheel. This isnt a problem on the original handles but the wonderful repro handles
the chrome usually peels off unless very careful.The Lecarra wheel has more dish and wont have the clearance problems

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'd love to have one of those wheels but the cheap looking plastic center caps are horrible. You'd think they'd make a more `65 era cap.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I just cut about 3/4" off the bottom and tapped a new thread. I don't recall the thread size, but it was a common tap and an easy fix.

Lou

1 - 7 of 7 Posts