Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you professional e(B)ayers!

I've got a auction going on, and have got a bid on a aircleaner. The bidder has been around since 1999, but has a feedback rating of -2. I have emailed him to find out his intentions, but have yet to get a response. This is the main reasons he has neg. feedbacks as well (not responding back). Should I make another attempt, or just cancel his bid regardless if he responds back?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
In the words of Monty Python, "Run away, run away!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like a deadbeat to me. If he won't answer now, what will happen when he owes you money???

Hey Doug, did you see my post about helping Bob and the website out? What do you think...So far had 450 people look at it, and only 10 people respond. What is your opinion???

G

·
Since you only have 1 bidder I don't see any harm in leaving it there. If there were other bidders I would probably cancel it to keep the more legit buyers in the game.

He has 3 negative transcations and his latest is positive. This may be the start of a new streak.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I now state in all of my auctions "I reserve the right to cancel bids from those with negative feedback". This has greatly enhanced the quality of the bidders on my auctions, and I would cancel that dude immediately- I would rather have no bids that let some loser jerk me around for weeks.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I know I use a webbased email account to set up my auction site ID. I get so much spam and assorted junk mail to that address I occasionally skip over important messages while scanning and deleting....but I also respond when I win.

I of course do not have a negative rating however.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I've tried to let bidders with neg numbers stay but i am 0 for on all those auctions, Now I cancel them and block their bidding. Even if you leave him the high bidder he could still snipe at the last moment if he gets outbid during the auction and still not pay. With 3 negs he cannot be too serious about what he is doing...My .02

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have had similar problems on almost all of my auctions. For some reason I always attract the losers at the start of my auctions. They either have 0 or negative feedback. I haven't done anything about it yet, because usually they are just there for the first bid and that's it. If you are concearned or the auction is ending soon, boot 'em.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the guy finally got back to me, so I may let him finish the auction. It's not a high ticket item, and I gave him his ONLY option if he is serious, and that would be to pay me immediately after the auction using BidPay.com I did email him and informed him, I need his agreement to this by tomorrow, or I would cancel his bid, and block him from any future auctions.

I know this doesn't guarantee him to pay once the auction is over, and if he doesn't follow through, I will block him anyway, and give him one more neg. notch on his rating, so what the heck!

On a side note, I just got shafted today on a 67 upper console that a guy used buy it now on and then decided not to follow through with. He did state, he is willing to pay my fees, to keep from getting a neg. feedback, so we will see how truthful this guy is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts