Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my 65 FB did itself a nose job falling off of the trailer, I've decided that it should be fixed. The question is should I try to use a parts car and clip it or use the new repos that I've seen in the catalogs. It seems that I can rebuild the entire front end and the thought of new steel appeals to me. (Keep in mind that I am at the southern end of the rust belt.) Any thoughts, or better yet, some good suppliers? Thanks

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
After what we just went through with my fastback, I would strongly recommend that you don't use repro sheet metal if you can help it. Although we were able to get the front fender to match the door beautifully, the headlight buckets wouldn't have fit no matter what we would have done. Original steel is your best bet, even if you have to do some repair work on dents, etc.

G

·
0 Posts
How about a list of what you think you need. It does matter.

I think that all the underlying sheet metal is reasonable or can be made reasonable. The exterior stuff is best purchased as OEM used/new.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
There is no substitute for oem. If you can find good used rust free parts that is the best way to go. Once stripped, straightened and put in color no one will be able to tell the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts