Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waffling about whether to join MCA or not. In addition to supporting the preservation of Mustangs and promoting the "hobby", what are the benefits?

I'm not looking to start an argument. I would like to be convinced to go ahead and plunk down the money instead of buying another reference book.

Let me know!

-BS

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If you attend three MCA National shows a year you will pay for your annual membership via the discount that MCA members get off the entry fee.
Some other benefits are:

* Mustang Club of America is the largest organization of Mustang enthusiasts in the World. The camaraderie of fellow MCA members is legendary. Wherever you travel you will find MCA members that are willing to help with assistance, advice and/or comradeship.
* The MCA Board of Directors has adopted a Commitment Statement of support for all members of the club regardless of the Mustang they own or the level of involvement in the hobby. (To read this see the “About Us” page on this website.)
* Members receive 12 issues of the Mustang Times the official club publication. This colorful magazine features National and Regional club news, a listing of Mustang shows and activities, feature articles on Mustangs of all years, and technical articles and columns. Members may submit photos and articles for possible publication as cover or feature cars.
* Members receive free classified advertisements in Mustang Times and on the MCA website.
* Mustang Club of America has an exciting website www.mustang.org with am MCA Members Only section with club news and features. The website also contains club information, and a comprehensive listing of Mustang events throughout the world.
* Members receive a Mustang Club of America windshield decal. The decal is good for one point at shows.
* Entry fees at all National Shows are discounted $10.00 for MCA members.
* Judging manuals are updated every two years and are available at a nominal price to those interested in judging, showing and / or restoring Mustangs.
* Members have access to Gold Card Judges for restoration information and advice. Members can become certified MCA Mustang judges.
* MCA continues to exert a positive influence on the Mustang automobile and its popularity. This influence helps retain the interest and value of all years and models of Mustangs.
* There are MCA Regional Clubs located throughout the United States. There are also several International Affiliates.
* MCA members elect the national board of directors and may run for the board or other national office.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
The main benefit I see over VMF is that if you want to join the local MCA chapter, some require that you are a member of MCA National.

Aside from that, you're supporting the hobby. Our own Laurie_S has done a great job starting to turn the club around from being Atlanta-centric, and I'm happy to lend my support as a member (51520).

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm a member (#47518) and I agree with 66_Pony that MCA is really starting to turn around. The revamped Mustang Times is becoming quite a magazine, in addition to the other benefits mentioned by previous posters.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
What jims6t6 said! ::

Yes, join us, the club has been undergoing a lot of positive changes over the last couple of years. There is a really energized feel now at the board meetings that was absent until this year. The directors and officers are working hard to make this a club that will be fun, responsive to its members, and an asset to the hobby. ::

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i think you should,for all the reasons listed above.MCA seems to be making a big turn around. i'm a proud member of MCA #31624 :0) jace

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it sounds like I should go ahead and join up. With people like Laurie and Charles who show great knowledge and a willingness to share, it sounds like the MCA is moving in the right direction. Maybe it will spur me along in my efforts to get the Mach back to "like new" status.

Thanks for all the comments. You guys (and gals) are the best.

-BS

G

·
0 Posts
Of course. i joined it, and got a sticker for my window. To bad for me i don't have the time to go to three shows a year to pay for the membership, and i can read all kinds of mag's at Barnes and Nobels for free. i don't want to be cosidered a poor sport, so i will keep up my membership next year because they say it's going to get better. ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts