Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I progress in my restoration of the '66 I find myself becoming more concerned with "correctness" than I ever thought I would be. Because of this, when I am finished it will nearly be concours correct. I have bought just about everything except for a correct voltage regulator and an odd and end here or there. Should I keep going and purchase these small nit picky items or is a voltage regulator from NAPA ok?

What are the rules for the concours driven class?? I checked the MCA webpage and could not find them. I figure if it is original and correct I might as well enter it in the concours driven class if I can.

G

·
0 Posts
My car is usually in 64 1/2 to 66 un-restored. I've never been able to find "rules" just judging sheets. They will check everything! My car has 2 things I was told by everyone were aftermarket, side view mirrors & a 2 speed wiper, my car has standard interior. The judges have a book with pics & numbers, found the mirrors & already knew you could get the wipers(it's on the original invoice) These judges are good but I think the points you'll lose might not make a difference. I'm getting ready to scan my last one (it's concours rules) if you want I can e-mail them to you so you'll know what to look for... unless one of the good MCA people can send us to a link???
http://www.geocities.com/racerrick_2000/beaver1t.jpg

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You can get the MCA rule books at http://mustang.org/ Mca merchandise option. When the new website is up ordering will be much easier.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
If you're that close to being correct, and are interested in going concours, I'd go ahead with it. A voltage regulator is simple to swap out at a show, too, if you want to run on a modern type rather than a repro.

Concours driven rules are the same as concours trailered for the most part and at many regional shows the classes are combined. Correctness and quality are the two main things that are looked at by judges. Driven cars are given a little slack on some things at the National shows, and also the percentage for Silver and Bronze awards is lower than trailered concours. I don't have my rules book here at the office (imagine that!) but I can post the differences tonight.

Right now the only way to get the MCA rules is to buy them, they're not available on the website. That's one of the things I would like to see changed at MCA. Supposedly, MCA doesn't make any profits over selling the rules book, so why not make the rules available online on the new website in the members only section? Give us time..... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts