Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this may sound stupid but does it make a difference if i take the engine and trans out of the car to do floor pan , torque box etc. dont want to get anything out of whack thanks guys

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you're not going any further with the resto at this time and just want to fix the floorpans/torque box it can be done with the enging/trans in sure. It's better with them out of course but it can be done, I've done it a couple times that way with good results.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im definitley going farther the motor need complete rebuild everthing does lol just wanted to make sure it wont affect welding the new panels in having the weight off the front of the car thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
If it were me I'd take them out.Did mine with
it all out and think it would be a real hassle
with that all in your way.But Iv'e never done it with them in so........

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I would want the freedom of not having any driveline nearby when doing floors and torky's. Yank them. Besides this will then force you to detail the engine compartment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys i really would hate to catch all that grease on fire welding anyway out it goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You will be glad you did.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It won't hurt anything haveing the driveline out of the car but make sure that you have it secure up on jack stands,level.And if possible do one side at a time,Take lots of measurements and pictures and take your time and try not to cut out more than you need to.Good luck

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Take em' out. It'll turn a short project into a 3 year long "while I'm at it."

Just like the rest of us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts