Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know if I should remove the black leather and extra trim I’m not sure if this was an extra feature and should I fix the leather if it’s (OEM). Or was it added after it was sold and should I remove it if it’s (aftermarket).
88E6E74A-B331-4827-B948-90AA7CAA5A97.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Definitely not oem, not leather, but and aftermarket vinyl top kit added later. Remove it and fix the rust that is lurking underneath.

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
@Redneckgearhead nailed it. That carriage/landau roof treatment was added sometime after the car left the factory, and very possibly by the original selling dealership to boost profit. It's a '67 so you could order a Marti Report and see exactly how it left the factory and much more info about your car too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like there’s a layer of fiberglass underneath it but I only got the car today but it looks pretty permanent unless there are bolts under the vinyl

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Sounds like they may have fiberglassed over rust holes. The vinyl is glued on, but the trim pieces may have nuts on the inside of the quarter and roof. Since it's not factory it's had to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts