Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick back story: I ordered new Daniel Carpenter headlight doors for my 1970 Mustang from CJPP. My restorer is getting close to reassembly, so I pulled all the appropriate parts and painted them charcoal metallic on Saturday.

Here's where my stupidity comes in to play. First of all, I didn't check the parts when they came in February. Second, I painted the headlight doors without really paying close attention.

As I was bagging the parts for storage, I noticed that I had two right headlight doors. Aargh...

I called CJPP to see what they would do. Their answer was simple - absolutely nothing. Since the parts had been painted, they weren't willing to accept a return. I pushed a little since the parts were packaged incorrectly, but the answer stayed the same. As a side note, if they had offered anything (selling me the one I needed vs. a pair, a small discount, free shipping, etc), I would've jumped on it and stayed a customer.

To make a long story a little shorter, I sent one email to Daniel Carpenter Mustang on Saturday. I received a response that the correct part was being mailed out today. No questions, no charges, just great customer service remedying a packaging error in their part.

I'll be buying my Danial Carpenter parts, and everything else I can, from NPD moving forward.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've had similar issues with CJPP... even when the parts weren't repainted! It's a shame really. I wish that I could count on CJPP's dedication and commitment to the Mustang hobbyist instead of a tunnel vision focus upon the almighty dollar. Of course, that would mean that they recognize the long term benefits of retaining their customers and I just don't see it.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I just had to return some parts that I ordered from CJs simply because I had ordered them a few months ago, and forgot that I already had them, so when I'm gathering parts for the builder, I found duplicates. Contacted them, they sent me a return number, and got credited about a week later.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just had to return some parts that I ordered from CJs simply because I had ordered them a few months ago, and forgot that I already had them, so when I'm gathering parts for the builder, I found duplicates. Contacted them, they sent me a return number, and got credited about a week later.
I am genuinely happy for your positive experience. CJPP has accepted a couple of my returns too. However, CONSISTENTLY "saying what you do and doing what you say" makes for a solid business model. I shouldn't have to escalate my issue to the company president to get a resolution but I'm happy to do it. CJPP isn't overly concerned about retaining me as a customer so I'll look for my parts elsewhere first.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I am genuinely happy for your positive experience. CJPP has accepted a couple of my returns too. However, CONSISTENTLY "saying what you do and doing what you say" makes for a solid business model. I shouldn't have to escalate my issue to the company president to get a resolution but I'm happy to do it. CJPP isn't overly concerned about retaining me as a customer so I'll look for my parts elsewhere first.
Yeah, if I had to fight something like that, they'd lose my business as well. I hope any future dealings with them are without problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts