Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 convertible and I'm looking for ideas for a head turning paint job. Solid with great stripes? Two toned? I'm thinking black top, hood, and trunk, with a red or burnt orange bottom but I'm not sure on the divider lines. Show off what you did!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Give me 5-6 weeks and mine will have the color on it. Black on top and either Prowler Orange or Mitsubishi Sunset Pearlesnce on the bottom.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Mine used to be special Chrismas colors Red (oxide primer) and Green (original lime gold).
I lost the Christmas spirit last summer.Now it's all lime gold but still the old sig pic.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not a 67 but the first thing people say when they see it is...."Perfect color!" (2003 Chroma Premier Yellow, sorry, it's a Chevrolet color)

Scott

http://www.tribeachcruisers.com/images/photos_080507_001.jpg

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Love it! I used to have a '70 Torino GT vert. Grabber yellow with black interior
and top. As I recall the grabber yellow is a tad lighter.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
66 original paint color, modern paint technology.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Scott;

That is beeeeeooootiful!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
1968 Clone, painted 1990 Ford Mustang saphire blue with LeMans stripes.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2278000-2278999/2278126_1_full.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone have a two tone to show off?

·
Registered
77 Posts
'Ford Toreador Red'

Used on many ford cars and trucks in the mid 90's and early 2000's

If you need the exact PPG Paint code just let me know as I still have the can with the label used by the paint store.

You can see more pics of it in different lighting by clicking on the link in my sig. I think the picture I posted accurately shows off the actual color of the car (depending on your monitor).

The only other color I would think about painting my car if I were to do it over again would be some sort of metallic copper-red color.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
68EFIvert said:
Give me 5-6 weeks and mine will have the color on it. Black on top and either Prowler Orange or Mitsubishi Sunset Pearlesnce on the bottom.
I can't wait to see that one finished. I'm surprised there aren't others out there with interesting paint jobs to show off. Maybe I should have posted this on the mod forum side.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan Richards\My Documents\My Pictures\My 92

1992 Mustang Summer Spcial Edition Car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts