Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering a side exhaust system on a 69 mach 1 with maybe the borla tips from the 2000 Cobra R. Does anyone have pictures of this? What companies make this sort of thing, what kind of mufflers? I saw a kit on [censored] for about $150, but it's a glasspacks only deal and I don't want my car to be that loud. Any input is welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
alot of times, glasspacks are an option bc of ground cleareance issues and what not., thats the problem i ran into with my 66although, some companies like spintech have mufflers that have their input and outputsboth on the front of the muffler to make it all possible. off the top off my head i cannot remember the other companies that produce this style muffler, but i think spintech does, ad they have a great sounding muffler, some ppl on this forum run them and they seem pleased with them .just shop around youl find something

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a side exhaust setup but no pictures of it. If you have any ?'s though PM or e-mail me.

-Brian

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
SIDE EXITS! ::

Might check the price on the Cobra R tips - I've heard that they are EXPEN$IVE!

Borla, Bassani, Dynomax, Spaintrap, Magnaflow, and several others make the front in/out mufflers. You don't want the glasspacks if you don't want your car to be loud!!! :: I'm VERY happy with the Dynomax's - $49 each at Summit...

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
DO NOT try the method pictured above without cutting into the floorboards though!!! (In the picture, note that the floors have been cut, and the mufflers recessed.) The mufflers WILL hang too low, and be removed by the first speedbump you encounter! :: ::

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
if you like and want to keep your exhaust system longer than the first time you enter a parking lot, dont use the method above, unless you have those floorboards recessed quite a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts