Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem the way the side glass fits at the rear top with the quarter glass on my 69 Mach 1 build. With the glass adjusted so it fits perfect with the weather strip, there is almost a quarter inch gap where the top rear 3 inches of the side glass sticks out too far compared to the quarter glass. Both driver and passenger sides have the same issue. Everything is new reproduction 1970 bolt in glass, regulators, brackets, etc. including the doors. The vertical glass runs are adjusted all the way out. It seems like the glass of either the quarter window or side glass are not shaped right with the correct curvature. I have the same issue with a 69 I restored about 8 years ago but just lived with it.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Check West Coast Classic Cougar's You Tube video on 69 glue in glass and the differences between 69 & 70. The weatherstripping on the door glass may not be correct for the rear windows and not seal properly. You likely have to swap to the 70 flip out windows also to get the seals to match correctly.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

The whole video's got good info but the side by side 69/70 window comparison starts around 38:30 in.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bonus video from WCCC's seems to refer to Cougar glass differences between 69-70. All the Mustang vendors show the 69-70 fastbacks have the same quarter windows and side glass weather channel trim. Hmm, what am I missing here?

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Did ya install the glass on the wrong side? Should have a slight curve inward toward the top

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not possible to install the glass on the wrong side due to glass curvature. It seems to me the side glass and weather channel trim has a different curve compared to the quarter glass, especially at the top.

·
Registered
35,857 Posts
The bonus video from WCCC's seems to refer to Cougar glass differences between 69-70. All the Mustang vendors show the 69-70 fastbacks have the same quarter windows and side glass weather channel trim. Hmm, what am I missing here?
Well, the 69 and 70 sportsroof had the same quarter windows, but the door glass changed from glued-on brackets to bolted-on brackets about a month into 1970 model production. There were differences in the riser arms as well, due to differences in the brackets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts