Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my Wimbledon white '66 is looking extra white to me lately, I'd like put on those lower side stripes that usually have GT-350 or whatever after
the wheel well, but don't have GT-350 on them. Do they make these like that or are they painted?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 mustang coupe 302 HO, Holley 600 carb, T-5, 8 inch rear
23 Posts
Yes they do, go to Cj pony parts and type in side stripes. I believe that is what you are looking for

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
You might want to pick some generic stripes. Ones for 'Stangs are going to have a blank spot meant for the mustang letters on a GT.
I see you dont have the rocker moldings so I agree a some stripes would perk it up, stripes and moldings are too much to me or I always thought some of the rocker molding painted black would look nice on some cars.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I like the factory machine-like rocker moldings and they would look GREAT with those wheels, but if it's stripes you want then you could do black or a blue to match the interior...

·
Premium Member
6,137 Posts
I'd like put on those lower side stripes that usually have GT-350 or whatever after the wheel well, but don't have GT-350 on them. Do they make these like that or are they painted?
They are and were originally tape stripes. I have a set that isn't cut for emblems (blood red) I'm pretty sure I found at CJ's about 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't installed them so far but if I ever do I'll take the rocker moldings off or paint them body color. Here's a pic of a '66 hardtop that has 'em uninterrupted:

·
Registered
34,970 Posts
I like the factory machine-like rocker moldings and they would look GREAT with those wheels, but if it's stripes you want then you could do black or a blue to match the interior...
Quite true. The 66 Mustang GT had the side stripes and no mouldings, but all other 1966 Mustangs, without exception, had rocker moudings. Someone has removed his.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, sounds like that's what I will look for those. I am the 3rd owner, previous was good at keeping the outside clean but mechanically lacked some skills. Now that I have the drivetrain figured out it's time for some visuals. Thanks again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I will check them out. My '65 didn't come with them I think.
Thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that's is. Wide center stripe and two skinny ones (one on either side of the center and no cutout.

Thank you

·
Registered
34,970 Posts
Jeeze, here, I'll post another link. This one's for the 65-67 Mustang width, the yellow car above is the 66-68 Shelby width.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts