Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my six-week check-up with my surgeon today and he gave me good new, bad news, as usual. The good news is that I didn't cause any damage taking that fall on the concrete floor Sunday--my hip is perfect and healing fine.

The bad news is that it's not quite there yet and I have another two weeks of restriction put on me regarding bending. Do you know how hard it is to work on a Mustang without bending over or reaching down? Sheesh, that gives me only one week of flat-out working time before leaving for the Grand National. I guess Murphy's undercarriage will be pristine compared to the rest of the car as I can lie on the floor and work on it. The engine compartment is probably going to suffer in comparison. ::

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey, Laurie, hang in there.

How long has it been since the surgery 4-5 weeks. Don't push it and let it heal. Lots of years and shows yet to go. Don't mess them up for the want of a week or two.

-BS

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was six weeks ago yesterday. I know it takes time, but I get so frustrated trying to work on my coupe and get it ready for the show. I don't dare complain while I'm working because Chuck will make me sit down and rest, and that makes me even more frustrated. :eek:

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also figure I'll have the cleanest windows on the outside and the dirtiest on the inside. ::

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hang in there and don't let a few more weeks get you in the dumps, you have the rest of your life to enjoy when you heal right. Look what the extra pampering has done for your Mustangs in the last few years. Most of us would have "Scrapped" our bodies if they were like old cars. We buy the cars and pamper them better than we do ourselves. I'd like to have a Mustang as old as me but they didn't even make proto-types that long ago. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
AAARRRGGG, My SWMBO is the same way ::
She ha d2 discs removed from her back and fused with Titanium. She expects to be doing everything in 3 or 4 weeks!
Take your time and let it heal ::

·
Registered
900 Posts
That sounds like pretty fast progress to me. Take care and remember that YOUR resto is more important than the car. See you in Augusta.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts