Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so she wants me to lay out a plan for my car. As most of you know, most projects arise during a completely unrelated project - widely known as "while I'm at it's."

She wants me to plan out NOW what I will be doing with the car in 3 years. Can you believe it? I haven't even decided what the engine combo will be yet!! WHAT WILL I DO?!?

G

·
0 Posts
Heck, tell her you don't know if you will keep HER that long, let alone know what you will be doing with the muskrat.
That should open up some dialogue.

JB

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I'd hand her a Mustang catalog and say this is my 3 year plan all typed and illustrated just for you. Tell her of course only the parts that pertain to your year of mustang will pertain to your plan. And tell her you will be glad to give her an updated "Plan" for each of the next 3 years when the new Mustang Catalog...uhmm I mean Plan comes out.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I already have my TEN year, "pie in the sky" plan for my fastbacks

SWMBO didn't request plans so much as funding estimates that don't bring surprises.......so I've learned to estimate cost a little below double my true estimate.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I "plan" to find every rare, unusual, one-off piece even remotely associated with my mustang by going to every freakin' show, swap meet, cruise in and junk yard I can find for the next three years. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
SWMBO planned my plan for me: "Plan on finishing your little model coupe....and that is all the money and time you get to spend on your mustang project!" LOL. Oh, well.

At least yours is encouraging you to come up with a plan. Mine is tired of all my planning. hehe.

Submit to her a written proposal to royally smoke out the Corn Feed 5.0 Burnout Contest....along with proposed expenditures, budgets, time lines, project phases and job costs. Detail certain areas that have to be subcontracted so you still have family time. She will understand. You will probably be waayyy ahead of us unfortunates that lack planning, money and understanding wives LOL LOL LOL

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
I have an entire project plan for the convert with the times and prices all laid out. If I stumble across parts I will need cheap, I snap them up!

It gets marked on the plan. When I save a few bucks I never fail to show the wife how much I saved.

PS She NEVER sees the last page with the total!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
They don't call them "hobby" cars for nothing. Ask your wife to plan what fashions she will be wearing for the next five years or what vacation she wants five years into the future. She can relate to this more easily.

A better idea is to have a hobby budget and account for it (sub account). Provide automatic transfer from your main account to the hobby account on a regular basis (each month or each payday). The hobby account simply becomes a funds accumulator...some months after it is established, you'll have the funds set aside for some serious Mustanging and your wife will have no bitches about you spending any or all of the balance since you've saved the agreed amount from each paycheck. Don't spend what you don't have in the account or your wife will have a serious gripe coming!

G

·
0 Posts
I am still laughing my ass off at your analogy relating a project to herding cats on fire. I just hope I don't rupture an internal organ......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts