Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help aomeone at my mechanics shop. They are trying to locate the turn signal flasher and have had no luck..Would also like to know the location of Emergency flasher because they will ask if I don't. Many thanks in advance.

Bryant

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They're both supposed to be on the main under-dash harness, just to the right of the steering wheel (looking at the wheel from the driver's seat) IIRC. If they're not clipped into their holders they might be kind of hard to find. It might help to have them working so you can hear them while you have your head up under the dash trying to find them. If you can't fit under there comfortably it might be easier to remove the dash pad so you can see the harness.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
On the 69s the turn signal unit is further off to the right, just to the left of the glove box. It's visible and accessible in its factory location from the passenger foot well. The flasher unit nearest the column is the emergency flasher.

That being said, I wonder about a shop that can't find the turn signal flasher :eek:

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Like Ken said, on the '69's the 2 flashers mount in clips on either side of the heater controls. Both are plenty accessible without removing anything. The wires leading to both are pretty short (from the main harness), so even if they're not in their little clip holders, they can't stray very far if they are there and plugged in.

I, too, wonder about a mechanic that can't find a flasher! ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Like Ken said, on the '69's the 2 flashers mount in clips on either side of the heater controls. Both are plenty accessible without removing anything. The wires leading to both are pretty short (from the main harness), so even if they're not in their little clip holders, they can't stray very far if they are there and plugged in.

I, too, wonder about a mechanic that can't find a flasher! ::

LOL What he said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.