Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 26 at Englishtown, NJ track. Not the lose your car one, the eliminations one where you might win $10k. They have an odd sign-up process where you have to join a yahoo e-mail distribution list and they conduct e-mail "interviews" about you and your car. I'm sure they get more people than they have spots.

I doubt I'll even get picked, b/c when I have seen that show, they seem to pick a group of cars that run in the 10s. But we'll see. I'm running lop-sided low 12s at 117 b/c I just can't seem to launch the 5spd without wheel spin. I think the car has a 11.75 in it on the perfect run.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Yeah they seem to take the quickest field that is closest together and has the most exciting people and cars..You would need your car to be pretty consistant to be chosen or have any hope of winning though....Good luck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
That would be fun!

Sounds like you need some 15" ET drags and lots of practice...117 is easy 11.75!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, just got an e-mail saying I'm not in. :(
They took the first 450 entrants who signed up and published their names on the email. I heard on another site it was over in about 3 minutes, with people flooding their server at 12:01AM the day it opened. Would have been fun.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
My friend tried as well,He's very friendly with some folks at Englishtown.Basically the Skinny is that they (pinks)were not interested in anything that ran slower than like high 10's.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Now you need to remove your email address from Yahoo... You'll be getting endless spam now... I did everytime I joined anything Yahoo related.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
gsxrken said:
Well, just got an e-mail saying I'm not in. :(
They took the first 450 entrants who signed up and published their names on the email. I heard on another site it was over in about 3 minutes, with people flooding their server at 12:01AM the day it opened. Would have been fun.
Sounds kinda like buying concert tickets! :shocked:

Bummer - would have been fun. But you should still go and see it in person! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts