Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told you it was silly. And, of course, no two will be the same. But APPROXIMATELY.... how many individual parts do you think/guess come together to make a running '67 Vert (or any other Mustang for that matter)?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The way Ford did it, or the way I always end up with extra nuts and bolts around when I finish a part?

·
Registered
8,138 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Enough.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Yellow or Red?

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Let's see -- do you count the carb as one unit? Or as a lot of little carby parts? How about the tranny, engine, ...? Lots of little bitsys in each of those.
Aw, just let's just get a NPD catalog for starters and start counting... lol

Oh, does that include all the cr*ppy repro's which were labelled "67 Mustang" that I bought but had to junk because they didn't fit?

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
How many parts = a gallon of gas... If the tires/wheels have balance weights is each weight 1 piece or 2 (steel plus lead). I think we need a manual/guide like the MCA
judging guide so we have rules for how to count the parts!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
How do with count the sheet metal? Do patches count extra?? If so my '67 convertible probably will have more than yours :)

My guess 4852 !

·
VMF Ambassador
6,668 Posts
My guess is somewhere over 9000 :p Otherwise known as entirely too much, but still less than modern cars somehow...

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Follow up question: how many parts in a NEW Mustang are actually metal?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Once your sanity falls apart, infinite!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Six cylinder cars have 3/4" of the parts of V8 cars. That makes them lighter, faster, and more WINNER, kinda like tiger blood and adonis DNA does people.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Six cylinder cars have 3/4" of the parts of V8 cars. That makes them lighter, faster, and more WINNER, kinda like tiger blood and adonis DNA does people.

OK Charlie, calm down.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts