Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Its my turn to tell you about silly ricers.
I admit that it might not be as funny as what other have reported but its funny anyway.
Guess what I have seen today?

It was a Hyundai (SP?) coupe in a bright yellow and decals as you would expect it from a good ricer.
But what really got my attention was that it had four (in numbers : 4) pipes.
Each was about 3" in diameter. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Frankly I couldnt believe it!

I just thought it was hilarious, and I had to laugh when I saw it passing me by.
In the best case this "beast" has maybe 1.6 or 2.0 litre of displacement! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol

Now, someone should finally tell these people that being loud dosent mean that
your car is actually fast or has any guts! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
On my way home one day (not in the Mustang) i saw an ugly as hell silver Honda Civic, stupid front wing, stupid BACK wing, chinese writing on the windshield, and very probably had those pipes too.

As the usual thoughts run through your head (i.e. " idiot!")
i looked up, and behind the wheel of this 'thing' was a beautiful blonde girl..

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry, but now i always look around to see who owns the car before drawing my conclusions /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Gary

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im afraid it dosent really matter who owns the car! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
As long as it has modifictions like those described, that person must be someone
silly (i.e. idiot). I mean I would be embarrassed to ride in such a "tuned" vehicle.

Course not everyone drives the kind of car that you like, and thats not the point.
But I mean theres a certain line for everything, no matter what brand of car you drive.
I just cant understand certain people and what they are doing to their cars... .

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes, your probably right - i couldnt have changed her anyway! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Of course im sure you'll agree with me that its more common in europe to see this stuff done to an Opel Corsa or a Nissan Micra - which are both horrible enough without modifications of this sort! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Gary

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, here in Germany its not really ricers, I guess.
Most favored cars by "tuners" are probably the VW Golf (no matter if old or new), VW Vento, Opel Kadett/Astra and Opel Vectra. Of course there are other models too, but I think these are the ones that could be compared to the Ricer community in the US! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
They are very common, and they do just as much silly tuning! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Johnpro, good thought. Who knows what kind of special tube that guy had to build in order to hook up all 4 pipes! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif In the most fortunate case it was a 6cyl. But in the worst case, it was only one hell of a 4 banger! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif lol

I wish I would have been able to take a picture. I still cant believe that this car was for real...!

·
Registered
771 Posts
wel on the way home from work tonight i was following a 89 mustang gt convertible and then i see this red ford TAURUS which is the biggest family car ever pull up it was red had 2 fart can mufflers and while at a stop light he was next tot he mustang and he was revving the engine making the most annoying sounds ever and then he speeds off and blows away the mustang then comes the next stop light they are together again hes reving again mustang doesnt do anything then light turns green and the musatng smokes him. funniest thing i ever saw then the kid tryed it with me in my bullitt and i smoke him as well with ease but its funny seeing a 4 door sadan with a 3 ft wing 2 5 inch mufflers and chinese stickers ALL over the car and a r badge next to the taurus name!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
yeah and maybe hes got a 4 bbl holley carb for each cylinder too!!!!!!

heh

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
It's a good idea not to laugh at just any old taurus...

Those SHO's, even in stock trim, can clean many old mustang's clock pretty well

They made be riced up, but SHO's don't play......run as hard as a carb'ed 80's GT

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ah,.....but now you're assuming that something "goes through their minds"!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Once I saw a PT cruiser in front of me at a stop light which had dual exhaust. I didn't think much of it. At the next stoplight the PT cruiser is now in the next lane over and I can see the ground while looking into his exhaust pipe. This clown put on an exhaust tip but didn't even hook it up to anything. Sheesh these guys are so stupid. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
it is all about the look man....didn't you know?

I also enjoy laughing at the supposed side pipes that are clogged with a chrome block off plate!!! lol!!

:)

it is interesting isn't it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts