Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
paint time will be coming up soon for my newest find.I had found a documented 68 GT vert,older restoration,but very nice.it's a wimbleton white J code,with a black interior and top.I like the look of silver and black,but being a true GT,should it be painted white?will a silver ,68, drop the value down,seems they didn't offer silver for 68,unless someone knows of special paint offerings for that year???I guess my question is will it be worth more if it's white, when it comes time to sell??I plan for a show winning driver restoration.Silver,or White?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I think if you like silver paint it silver!!! I would, if when you decide to sell the new owner doesn't want it silver then they can paint it white. paint isn't that big of a deal, so shouldn't hurt the value too bad. Who in their right mind builds these cars to make money on them anyway?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I plan for a show winning driver restoration.Silver,or White?

Simple paint it the original color then

unless someone knows of special paint offerings for that year?

There were special paint orders evvery year but no dealer promotions related to silver that I've ever seen. Would not work anyway since your door tag indicates white

·
Registered
446 Posts
California Mustang catalog has a model car (Shelby) whit Silver frost metallic and black stripes. the silver frost is the best color "I think for a mustang"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts