Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
The "H" does stand for Hertz. The only ones I've seen are black with a gold stripe and were fastbacks. I've seen a real one and a couple of clones.
Stan

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
About $70000.

It's my dream car. Around 1,000 Shelby GT350s made for Hertz's "Rent-a-racer" program. Most were black with gold stripes, a small number were Saffire Blue with silver stripes. Most were automatic transmission. Maybe if I win the lotto this week....

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I think there were even some that were white with a gold stripe.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Most were black, with some in white, red, blue, and green. Most GT350H's had gold stripes. The exception was a FEW early units that were white with blue stripes according to this page....(first time I had heard THAT, can anyone verify?)

Check out the resources in the bottom RH corner of this page.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Huh. I've never seen any "H"'s but the black (of course) and one Blue.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
There is a good example of a red and gold hertz car on Ehay right now # 2425507386

My clone is an example of the more common black and gold.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Thanks! Can't say that I care much for gold-on-red, but if someone were to GIVE me one, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me!

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
We are all aware of the black/gold ones. That is Hertz's corporate colors. But they made about 1000 "H" cars in 1966, all different colors, most with automatics.
Shelby also made Hertz cars without the "H" in 68 and 69. Their numbers are listed in the SAAC registry.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
White with Blue stripes is what I saw.
According to the post gt350clone referred to this is a possible combination although white with blue stripes are more associated with the 1965 Shelby GT350's. Honestly, it could be a clone you saw. There are plenty of them out there since a real one is pretty pricey. I was lucky enough to see up close a real black and gold Hertz a guy owned about 5 miles from my house before he sold it. I got lots of pics and have been using them to help set up my car ever since.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
werent they paxton supercharged ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts