Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not everyone prefers them, but I have seen a few single and dual plenum air intakes that actually look pretty good on classic Mustang's. I think I might be in a dilemma when I put my engine back in with hood clearances due to my intake being a little taller and wanting to use a phenolic spacer. I can either buy a cowl hood for $500-$700 and have it painted and color matched for a few hundred more, or add a hood scoop There are a couple of companies that advertise a low-profile dual plenum air intake system and I wanted to see any pics of your cars with either the single or dual plenums.

Anyone one running one or the other and care to post pics?

If you chose the hood scoop route, which one and post pics if you can.

Here are a couple that I have seen.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't they still make dropped base air cleaners?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
They do, and I think currently have one that could be modified a little to get me more room. I might only need a .5", but I won't know until I put the car back together. I'm just trying to see what other options are out there.

Tim

P

·
0 Posts
That thing is horrible looking. Why not do something more period correct?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing is horrible looking. Why not do something more period correct?

I didn't think it looked that bad. LOL I'm not very fond of the dryer hose look though and I keep looking for the clothes hamper. haha I know its period correct.

Tim

P

·
0 Posts
There's no advantage to sucking hot under hood air in two holes rather than one. You want cool air.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's no advantage to sucking hot under hood air in two holes rather than one. You want cool air.
I get that, and you can always extend the breathers more forward with that setup. When you are driving, do you think there is that much temperature difference between a breather on top of the carb, versus that setup? Heat rises, and it seems like the carb is center of the heat that the engine bay is housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts