Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess, I acquired a '65 and planned on putting the work into making it pretty, but I realize now that I'm just not a "car" guy. It's a great project car (all numbers match), but it needs a lot of work as is. I'm trying to get as much information as I can together, so the next person to get a hold of it will know as much as possible about it before buying it. I've decoded the VIN, except for the axle code (slight scratch on the plate).

I have a question, before I commit to selling it: I've scanned a few for sale listings here, and have seen some people refer to their cars as "K-code:, "C-code", etc. Are these shorthand for the engine code? or is there a deeper meaning to these codes that I'm unaware of, in all my unworthiness.

What other useful pieces of information do you look for when purchasing, or thinking of purchasing, or just dreaming about your next) vintage mustang?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry to hear that the project didn't pan out for you. No shame in that, though. Probably most projects are never put back on the road by the first person.

You are right on about the K, A, C, etc. codes. It refers to the engine type/dispacement/carburetion. The same code can have a different meaning between various model years.

-BS

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
What other useful pieces of information do you look for when purchasing, or thinking of purchasing, or just dreaming about your next) vintage mustang?
The first thing I want to know about is RUST ... where is it, how much does it have.

Next thing I look for is how straight is the frame.

Next I start looking for any "hard to find" parts that are missing.

Everything else is just a "bonus" for me ... but then, I've never spent more the $3k for a Mustang, either :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts