Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few sounds that define a life...

"You may now kiss the bride" (23 years ago)...
"It's a healthy boy" (16 years ago)...

None may ever beat the "click" my seat back made as it (finally) attached to the seat base a couple hours ago! I know there are like a million things harder to accomplish on these cars, but...

Thanks for all the advice- the most valuable ended up being "Keep at it." Its like some perverse test of will when you've just spent half a day reupholstering a seat to have to then attack it with a tire iron!

Now I only have to do the passenger bucket and the rear seat... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
It looks great! You should touch up that side hinge while it is accessible. Then it will be perfect. :)

I feel great today because I was able to drive my '65 in and out of the garage under it's own power (it also stopped when I hit the brakes)! I haven't done that in several years. It took some patience to get it started and to keep it running so I have some tuning to do, but I felt victorious today! I feel passionate about working on the car again! :pirate:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
When something tries to get you down, just use that as ammunition against it to succeed, and you did, looking good.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, heh... yeah, after giving up on the project (started looking for quotes from upholstery shops), I took the seat into the garage and said "You ARE going back together- right now, so help me God!"

Basically, you just have to decide to attack the thing- I put about 10 layers of duct tape on the vinyl to protect it and then just took a tire iron to it (very minimal scuffing on the vinyl at the end). What's REALLY sad is I actually got it on once- but forgot to put the stupid plastic washer that protects the seat on. Arrrrgh! Once I knew it would go together though, it was easy the second time (just a state of mind).

Now, if I can get my T-5 transmission in a couple weeks from now, I'll REALLY be feeling good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts