Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the good news...me and SWMBO finally got received a contract on our home for what we were asking. Great news.

Got around today to the whole mortgage thing (pre-qual) which went w/o a hitch. But I've been pretty much gone for most of July (National Guard duty) and I come back to climbing interest rates. ::

What happened to the 5.2 and 5.3??? I want em back.
Get me Greenspan on the phone. ::

So, sucked it up and got a 60 day lock since settlement aint til mid Sept on our current place.

So I'm happy...until I realize how much out of pocket I gotta spend for settlement on the next place. Reality set in but when I started figuring out my monthly payment, I wanted to run out and cancel my contract on my plac. Ughhhhh. To boot I live in NOVA and aint nothing affordable out here. Criminies - not only did interest rates rise but so did home prices. NOVA - come to work here where your salary doesn't even come close to cost of living.

I know, I know - this is NOT a unique situation however, I just wanted to whine and complain a lil since SWMBO is sick of hearing it.

Although I do still manage to find the time and $$$ to burn into my Pony. Thats what I keep telling myself - I'm not buying a place for my family - but I'm buying a garage for my mustang with a house attached. ::

I'm gonna go back to figuring out how to pick winning lotto tickets now.

-Studio-

·
Registered
384 Posts
I lived in Fairfax County near George Mason 82-85. It was great then, especially being fresh out of college. Now, I don't know. I get out once or twice a year for work. The best way for me to get promoted is DC. I checked out prices in my parent's old neighborhood for giggles. 300% appreciation. I don't know if it is worth it, living in Fredericksburg or Warrenton or what have you, just to get enough affordable garage space and then having the commute into Arlington, Pentagon area.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, I noted the 250-275k prices in Stafford and Fredericksburg last winter. I could hack that, just not the god awful commute. Who would believe I used to drive a delivery truck all over NoVa and Rockville 84-85 timeframe?

What is with the garage thing out there? I lived there. You guys have winter. Why no three car garages, let alone two or one?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Don't know, I didn't build the house. My dad's on the other hand has a 2 and a half car garage. Just wish he'd clean it up to make room for the restoration. We have plenty of clear land to build a garage, just trying to get some funding from outside sources to get the ball rolling. It's a hard life when you're underpaid and they're sending your jobs to India.

TK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts