Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sLime (or whatever it's to be called) has its motor coming back together, thanks to johnpro and SAC69! Here's a pic:

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/3C/86/12241468-f02e-01B00194-.jpg

It's a basic freshening with new oil pump and drive, new water pump, Edelbrock Performer series cam, lifters, intake, and 1406 carb. It's got the FRPP valve covers, and will be getting a HiPo-style air cleaner and HiPo exhaust manifolds. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I anticipate putting it in this Sunday or later....

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Have you consiered doing this?
I highly recommend it since you are that far along. You will never need to replace a valve cover gasket /forums/images/icons/smile.gif...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Did you purchase the throttle lever adapter kit for your carb? I bought one because I have an automatic tranny and it hits the valve cover (same valve covers). I hop to put my engine in tomorrow. Do I bolt the flywheel to the tranny or the engine? (looks like yours is bolted to the engine) Looks good! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Time for some coated JBA shortie headers AND an aluminum water pump!!!

you should be putting out 280-300 hp range (depending on your compression and how radical the cam is)

looking good!!!!!

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Hey Bill,

You forgot about that new and improved cam retaining plate /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts